Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reading for Next Week

Please go ahead and read these passages to start our discussion next week:


The Sheep and the Goats – Matthew 25:31-End.

The Wheat and the Tares – Matthew 13:24-43


I am really looking forward to it!! Please be thinking about some areas that you may want to study on drawing the line or discussing where the line should be drawn. Please know that this is not as study to "preach" at people. I am truly trying to study where I should draw some of my own lines. I am trying to figure out what is okay in God's eyes. It looks black and white, but come on, lets face it, it is not. Here are some things that come to my mind:
  • Someone has already mentioned discussing where our lines should be drawn with T.V. and Movies for our children, but also, what should we as adults not be so desensitized to?
  • Wealth and Materialism ( What is Enough, learning to be content)
  • Social issues, Gossip, Drinking, Language Content,
  • Behavior with people at work, how we present ourselves towards people of the opposite sex other than our spouse, what messages are we sending?
  • Are there some areas that are definately considered Politically Correct, but possibly morally and scripturally wrong, but that we have become more and more desensitized to...where do we draw our lines, but not pass judgement? How can we be more like Jesus in our response to these areas?
  • Can you come up with some more?
    CB

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Carrie, this sounds good. So practical. I must admit, while Job was a good study, the shorter, more familiar readings are nice.

Anonymous said...

Another tidbit from me....I think the fact that we are asking ourselves these very questions lets us know that although we may in the world...we are not a part of this world....if we were...those question about what is ok and what is not would never come to mind?

For me, it's something that I struggle with daily....where I work I am surrounded by those who live and worldly life and at times have the mouth's of sailor's....
all these questions that Carrie has poted to get our brain goin I have to say are questions that I ask myself on a daily basis.

If we are set apart..as the Bible teaches that we are....we must live in such a way that those people who are off this world...will want whatever it is that we have that makes us different. If they being worldy and what not see us living exactly as they do...how can we ever reach them with the gospel??

Woopss....got a little longwinded there..

sorry bout that